Dr Kim's Status (Seer and Partner)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr Kim's Status (Seer and Partner)

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:49 pm

For those that might not know. Dr Kim is no longer allowed to practice the Eye Whitening Surgery he developed and perfected. He was told to stop the procedure by the Korean Government. As of March 2012 he has moved his office out of Seoul and is now in a rural area where he takes care of patients. He said he is appealing the decision and will update us if and when anything changes. He also said he is not ready to take his practice to another country or partner with a Dr in a country where the procedure is allowed. I will update this forum as I hear more.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://redeyezone.4umotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr Kim's Status (Seer and Partner)

Post by Kami on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Do you know if he is still able to remove those big single veins?

Kami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kami on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:26 pm

This is what I would LOVE to have done on my right eye.

Kami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lrella on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Does anybody know of an email address or a way to contact Dr. Kim now that he is practicing else where? Does anyone know if he is considering relocating to the U.S.?

lrella

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kami on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:52 pm

You can try to friend him on facebook..

Seems like his seereye website and cosmetic eye whitening website are gone..

Kami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kami on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Actually I emailed Dr. Kim a couple weeks ago and no reply. Usually he replies within a couple of days. Hmm.

Kami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lrella on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi Kami. I too tried emailing Dr. Kim (a couple times actually) over the last couple of months and no response. I am so bummed...His work was the best - and so much cheaper than Dr. Wachler!

lrella

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by B_Don on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:15 pm

I have given up hope with Dr Kim. It must have been nearly 2 years since he said he was going to fight the government ruling in Korea. I have heard from him a couple of times over Facebook since then - he just kept saying he is still fighting it......but no outcome. It seems now we have lost all contact with him. I would go Dr Wachler, but I can't justify $9k at this point.

B_Don

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by safiraso on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 am

Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.eyeworld.org/article-an-eye-opening-look-at-eye-brightening-procedures

Here's the best bit:

Cosmetic Eye Whitening had been challenged in Korea in a case taken to the Seoul High Court, Dr. Kim said. In August, the court judged that the procedure was safe and effective and that Dr. Kim could not be blocked from performing the procedure. The judgment came despite recently published study results with 1,713 subjects that found a complication rate of nearly 83% with the procedure, including fibrovascular conjunctival tissue proliferation (43.8%), scleral thinning (4.4%), IOP elevation (13.1%), diplopia (3.6%), and recurrent hyperemic conjunctiva (28.1%).2 However, the court order noted that a number of the procedure's complications are transient, so that it would be unfair to present them as true complications.

I found Dr Kim on twitter (I think it was him) and tweeted him but haven't had a reply yet.  But this does look encouraging!  Does anyone have any further info?

safiraso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by safiraso on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Does noone have any comment on this at all? I though it was very exciting as Dr Kim is really the only doctor I would allow anywhere near my eyes from what I've read about the others (at this point in time any way, and with the knowledge I have).

I haven't received any sort of reply from Dr Kim so maybe the situation isn't as I read. Does anyone have any info?

safiraso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyw on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:10 am

I am also trying to track kdr Kim down. this is great news. keep us posted on anything you guys find.

timmyw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by safiraso on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi timmyw - have you just been emailing him without getting any replies? I'm wondering why noone seems able to connect with him. Anyone else had any recent experience of communicating with Dr Kim?

safiraso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyw on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 pm

he added me on Facebook a few years ago...I am not sure how that happened. I think it had something to do with me registering on his website and he clicked something that added everyone that registered. I am trying to contact him thru Facebook. you would think someone as renown as him...it should easy to find his clinic info whether he is performing eye whitening or just normal eye surgery stuff, right? Esp in a first world nation like South Korea. I do know he was very responsive a few years ago before this whole government crackdown.

timmyw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear_2010 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Does anybody know where is he now?

Let`s say that he is not performing this "cosmetic eye whitening" (like it was called) already for a long time, but I wonder why there is no much information left in the Google?
Their website? News? Anything?
Bear_2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top